You can share your Facebook groups with your friends. There are a few different ways to do that. You can use your computer or your mobile devices to either share the groups with your friends, or to add friends to your groups.
(Click the images below to see full-size, detailed graphics.)
1) Copy/Paste the Group Link.
Copy the address (url) of the Facebook group. Then paste that into your own Status Update.
Today Facebook announced some changes to the News Feed, specifically to the “News Feed algorithm” as they call it (or “Edge Rank” as we usually call it). This news is VERY new, so we’ll be watching to see how it all rolls out in the coming weeks.
In a blog post on their Facebook for Business section, Facebook gives us a window into the workings of the News Feed.
So how does News Feed know which of those 1,500 stories to show? By letting people decide who and what to connect with, and by listening to feedback. When a user likes something, that tells News Feed that they want to see more of it; when they hide something, that tells News Feed to display less of that content in the future. This allows us to prioritize an average of 300 stories out of these 1,500 stories to show each day.
The News Feed algorithm responds to signals from you, including, for example:
- How often you interact with the friend, Page, or public figure (like an actor or journalist) who posted
- The number of likes, shares and comments a post receives from the world at large and from your friends in particular
- How much you have interacted with this type of post in the past
- Whether or not you and other people across Facebook are hiding or reporting a given post
Once again, Facebook makes it clear that it’s the stories you INTERACT with that you will see the most of. Read more >>
I use HootSuite Pro to help manage my social media profiles every day. Yes, every day! This is an invaluable tool in my business.
Why is HootSuite Pro such an integral part of what I do?
- Unbelievable Price Point – HootSuite Pro base accounts start at $9.99 and include one team member ($10 value), and one analytics pack ($50 value). This is a tool that doesn’t break the bank!
- Unlimited Social Profiles – I can add as many Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ Pages as I like and access them all with a single login using HootSuite Pro. This is a tool that is convenient!
- Unbeatable User Dashboard – I switch back and forth between all of the profiles I manage on HootSuite all of the time. It’s very straightforward how to select profiles to view and post from. This is a tool that is easy to use! Read more >>
I just wanted to update you on the Facebook Page that got shut down that I told you about yesterday.
A bit more discussion regarding this specific page being shut down leads me to believe that the issue may be much bigger.
It appears that when Facebook starts clearing out what it has identified ‘fake’ or ‘spam’ accounts, if your page has been liked by many of those accounts, they may assume that you’ve obtained those LIKES by some underhanded method, even if YOU handled everything properly on your end.
For big contest bloggers, or for large-scale contest promotions, this could be a huge issue. Read more >>
Welcome to Off the Wall!
Raylene and Jeff Wall